Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dystopia/Utopia

1.What is a dystopia? Give me a definition.

2. What makes the book Uglies a dystopian novel?  Explain thoroughly in at least five sentences.

2. What is a utopia?  Give me a definition.

3. Give me a picture of what your "utopia" might look like.

4. Explain to me in detail what you visualize for your own utopia.  NOT just the physical aspects but how your world would exist. (Six Sentences)

Mrs. Carn's Example


My utopia or desirable world to live in would definitely begin with a beach. I would definitely love to wake up every single morning to the sound and feeling of the ocean.  In my world people would be healthy and live off the land.  We wouldn't be consumed by the media or this pre-packaged consumer world. People would treat each other with love and respect and be willing to help each other out in various ways.  Society would be out to better themselves, each other, and the world.  We would take time for ourselves and take care of our bodies and minds.  There would be more hours in the day to spend with the ones we loved.  Most importantly - we would not take things for granted.  Life would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment